*Please note - I don’t have any Comfort Fairies ready to ship at the moment so I am making them to order*
These little fairy dogs have a big mission: to bring a sense of peace and comfort to anyone feeling sad, wobbly, chilly, lonely, poorly or down in any way. They were inspired by my rescue dog Shadow; a short-legged spaniel who can make anyone feel better simply by leaning gently on their leg. He also hates getting wet and makes nests out of anything soft and squishy.
This is the Comfort Fairy’s spell:
"Greetings from a winged doggy being from the Land of Faerie. Snoozing in flight as he bears you a thermos flask full of hot chocolate (or your favourite warming drink). This cosy canine companion rules blankets, naps, sofas and cushions. The Comfort Fairy protects all hibernating creatures, and brings warmth and gentleness to those in need of comfort."
Comfort Fairies sprinkle that magic feeling you get when you’re wrapped in a warm blanket after being cold or when someone says a kind word. They make great gifts for anyone going through a tricky time, and make great presents for yourself too if you need cheering up :)
They are very limited editions (I only have 6 in total) signed on their paw.
- Is unique: They are drawn on and hand-embroidered by me, and my mum helped me to make them cute different coloured scarves and machine embroidered fairy wings!
- Comes presented in a craftily upcycled shoebox (because Fairies hate waste, and they’re the perfect size for a Comfort Fairy nest). They are wrapped in tissue paper and rainbow fabric to make them extra magical to open
- Comes with a personalised adoption certificate with the spell written at the top
- And a Comfort Fairy greeting card with the spell inside for you to write your message (also sold as a separate listing here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/550668664/the-comfort-fairy-greetings-card)
- Plus 5 tiny Comfort Fairy cards. The idea is that you can give the 5 little cards away to help pass on the Fairies spell and spread warmth and happiness even further. You could give these to friends and family, or a stranger you see in a coffee shop.
It can be a really nice idea to add some extra bits to the box to personalise it further - for example with some chocolate or a bath bomb. If you would like help with that or a bigger box to fill up around the fairy, drop me a message.
To help spread the Comfort Fairy spell even further, 10% of the sale price of each fairy is donated to Care4Calais, a charity bringing comfort and help to refugees from war torn countries stranded in Calais. www.care4calais.org. Registered charity no. 1169048
**The health and safety bit**
EU legislation around toys is very strict, and as a mum I know it can be frustrating to just see everything labelled as not suitable for 0-3 so I thought I would explain.
Under EU legislation, this doll has to be categorised as for decorative and collection purposes, not as a toy. I have done my best to secure the stitching so that it doesn't come undone, but care should be taken around small children (especially those under the age of 3 who might chew on the fairies!).
3-5 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Sep 18, 2018
Beautifully handmade treasure! I am so impressed with the detail! This item was sent quickly and the item was beautifully packaged.